Tuesday 21 June 2016

Famous Favourite Faces! (DIY Audio Cassette Cover Collage)


Remember those audio cassettes you played in your childhood over and over again? Do they remind you of those glorious golden days? Spending all the pocket money buying the latest ones and still yearning to get more... No CDs or pen-drives available today can ever match that fun, no matter how compact they get!

After recently shifting to Pune, while fiddling around with stuff I found this big box of old audio cassettes. What nostalgia... what memories...
they looked so amazing with their original album covers, almost vintage! When a glance at them could bring a smile on my face, why not see them more often and smile more, I thought... I was anyways doing up the new house and immediately decided to use them 'somewhere'. I also had a nice wooden frame that needed to be used 'somewhere' too. In no time, I came up with the idea of a recycled wall art. So, 'somewhere' had to be this:

A vintage collage created out of old audio cassette covers! A musical addition to your home decor. All the favourites visible at one place...how pleasing! When all of them were put together, it looked much nicer than I thought. Look at the finished product....




Made in three easy steps:
1.  Create a base. I pasted wooden vinyl sheets (you can use sun-mica also)  on a cardboard sheet. The base is ready. A wooden base looks great but as an alternative, you can use handmade paper or whatever you like. 

2. Using a strong adhesive, paste all your favourite cassette covers (cassettes were removed and kept safely) together on the base aligning them properly. (You can also make the collage using CD covers)


3. Now get this framed! I already had a wooden frame that I pasted and fixed onto the base. You can even create your own frame. Get innovative!

Make one for your room and you will love it! I have placed mine in the living room...my guests get immediately blown away with it!

Thanks for your visit...
Happy Crafting :)






No comments:

Post a Comment